Thursday, May 9, 2013

"58"

There is a funny thing happened in my English class today.

Our lecturer asked each of the group which form by 4 students come out with a team name.

All the people in my group was thinking a same name for our team. This was influenced by the  recent election held in our country.

    My group are thinking the same way & propose
    the team name is "58", "Sir, Five & Eight,!"

As expected, the lecturer asked us the meaning of "58".

Well, we told him it means "change" in Malay language. Plus, the pronunciation of "58" in Chinese language pronounce as "ubah".

Lecturer realized that after our explanation.
 
For Chinese,"58" always translate as "not fortune", but now, it's other meaningful word,

"UBAH"!!

I love my classmates and my lecturer.

They always makes me look forward for every Tuesday & Thursday's English class.



No comments:

Post a Comment